* 1 bag rice flour, 16 oz
* 6 cups cold water
* 1 tablespoon cooking oil
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 pound ground pork or chicken
* 1 pound raw shrimp
* 1 bunch green onion
* 4 garlic glove
* 2 shallots
* Light Soy Sauce
* Ground Pepper
* Oyster Sauce
* 9 1/2 inches diameter x 2 inches round baking pan
* Cooking oil
1. In a large bowl: Whisk well 1 bag rice flour + 6 cups cold water + 1 tablespoon cooking oil + 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
2. Ground Pork: Marinate with a bit of salt and ground pepper. Set aside.
3. Shrimp: Peeled and deveined. Cut small. Marinate with a bit of salt and ground pepper. Set aside.
4. Green Onion: Cut and discard the root. Peel off any yellowish or sticky shell. Cut small. Set aside.
5. Shallots: Use the knife to peel of the very outer dry skin. Cut small. Set aside.
6. Garlic: Peeled. Chop small. Set aside.
7. Steam the cake: In a large Thai steamer, fill the pot with ¾ of cold water and bring to boil. When the water in the pot is boiling, then turn down to Low heat. Next, place the baking pan into the pot, covered and heat up for 2 minutes.
8. Pour 2 ladles of flour mixtures into the baking pan while is hot and steam for 5 minutes.
9. Repeat step 8 and finished all the flour mixtures.
10. While steaming the cake, stir fry the topping. In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil for 25 seconds at Medium heat. Add chopped shallot + garlic, stir fry for 1 minute. Pour marinated ground meat into the frying pan. Use the spatula to breaking up the meat. Stir fry until the meat no more pink that means the meat turn completely brown color, approximately 8-10 minutes. Then, add marinated chopped shrimp. Stir fry until the shrimp turn pink. Adjust the taste by adding 1 tablespoon of Oyster Sauce plus chopped green onion and ground pepper. Mix well. Turn of the heat. Set aside for topping.
11. When finished steam the cake, use the spoon to pour the topping (step 9) onto the top of the cake and spread evenly. Covered and steam for another 5 minutes. Turn of the heat. Carefully remove the cake from steamer and place it on flat surface outside room temperature and let it cool down about 1 to 1 ½ hours before cutting the cake.
12. To serve: Cut the cake into blocks. Serve with Nuoc Mam Chili Dipping Sauce.